Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned marathoner, we want to provide you with the resources you need to arrive at the start line prepared and excited for the miles ahead of you. Our hope is that the finish line is not your final destination, but instead a recognition of your commitment to a healthy lifelong journey.
Local Running Groups
The miles seem to fly by when you have the support and motivation of running partners. All of these groups welcome new members at any level or pace.
- Bay Area Runners Club - Request to join their group through Facebook and receive information on local races and events!
- Freeland Saginaw Area Runners Club – Request to be a member of their group through Facebook and join in on one of their scheduled group runs!
- Runners Athletic Company– Like their page to receive information on fun runs, social events and workouts!
Half Marathon Training
The half marathon has become the most popular distance of all road races in the United States. Although tackling 13.1 miles takes a big commitment, having a detailed schedule to follow will greatly increase your success and reduce your injury risk. Here are a few FREE options:
- Hal Higdon Training Plans – Hal’s site has a plan for everyone, from walkers to advanced. There are also interactive apps to accompany the plans.
- Jeff Galloway Training Plans – Jeff is the founder of the Run-Walk-Run method. His proven programs have helped over 350,000 runners and walkers achieve their goals.
- Women's Running Magazine Training Plans – Couch to half marathon, and run-walk plans are just a few of the available options for guiding you to the finish line.
Check out these websites for articles on nutrition, the latest research, upcoming running races, and even daily mantras to keep you inspired!
Running Apparel/Gait Analysis
Runners Athletic Company, the premier footwear and apparel store in the Great Lakes Bay Area, is family owned and operated and understands the importance of true customer service.
• A free visual gait analysis
• 10-Day Test Drive Guarantee to ensure 100% satisfaction
• Four locations to serve you better
• Advice to help you achieve your health/wellness goals
We hope you will take advantage of these valuable resources for your race training. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (989) 754-7283.